As Barack Obama attempts to justify his association with Jeremiah Wright, I’m struck by his facility to misrepresent American history. But unlike his fellow race-baiters, Obama blames ALL white Americans for the historic misdeeds that were exclusively promoted by the Democrat Party. For guilt-ridden white Americans, our only chance for salvation comes from our admission to the racist acts and policies that were created, promoted, and enforced by the Democrat Party.
Like millions of other Americans, I feel no personal shame for the legacy of racism and slavery because my ancestors fought and died to END slavery in America. They were all Republicans.
But to appreciate Obama’s skilled misrepresentation, one must reexamine American History before they read his speech.
Democrats, Slavery, and Jim Crow
Contrary to Obama’s version of our Declaration of Independence, the signatories were divided by states that supported slavery and those that did not. Unless the opponents of slavery accepted the practice within slave states, pro-slavery Congressmen (New York, Pennsylvania) would not have signed the Declaration of Independence. And without unanimous agreement, the United States could not have waged a successful war for independence against the British.
While this compromise perpetuated slavery for another sixty years, it gave birth to the country that outlawed the practice of slavery throughout the Western World – the same country that continues to promote freedom throughout the world today. It would have been pointless to fight a civil war before establishing our American sovereignty.
When the American Revolution ended in 1789, Congress passed (and George Washington signed) a law (Art.6) stating that no territory could become a state if it allowed slavery.
Four years later, Thomas Jefferson formed the Democrat Party. By 1808, Congress abolished the slave trade in America although it was difficult to enforce in the Democrat-controlled slave states until imposed by Republicans during the Civil War. When Democrats gained control of Congress in 1818, they used their majority to undo these anti-slavery decisions. The Democrat Party passed the Missouri Compromise (1820), institutionalizing slavery in half of the territories. During the next thirty years, Democrats passed multiple laws promoting and protecting slavery, culminating in 1850 with the Fugitive Slave Law, which ended all rights to jury trials, representation, and habeas corpus for blacks (even free men) who were falsely accused of being escaped slaves. Four years later, Democrats passed the Kansas-Nebraska Act that exceeded the limits of the Missouri Compromise by opening up new territories to slavery.
In 1854, the Republican Party was formed specifically to end slavery. Six of the nine planks in their fledgling platform statement deal with civil rights issues. And even after millions of Republicans volunteered to fight and die to end slavery, Democrats opposed every effort to codify and enforce civil rights in America.
From 1866 to 1875, the Republican Congress passed 19 civil rights laws, including the 14th and 15th Amendments that established citizenship for all and the right to vote for all people, regardless of race, color, or previous condition of servitude. Democrats oppose them all and, when they took control of the House, Democrats established Jim Crow laws and repealed all civil rights legislation passed by the Republicans. Any laws or amendments they could not repeal they skirted with poll taxes and literacy tests. Democrats controlled the black vote in the Solid South with this simple admonition – vote Democrat or we’ll burn down your home and kill your family. This was not a racist white-on-black practice, but a Democrat-on-black practice.
Obama’s Big Lie
Hillary supporters dare not contradict Obama’s Big Lie (white racism) because they’ve spent decades creating and promoting it. Since Brown v. Board of Education (1954), Democrats have used public schools, the media, and race baiters to convince Americans that 1) white children and their parents are responsible for the legacy of slavery and racism in America and 2) they will also grow up to be racists unless they help the Democrat Party end white racism (along with other pseudo-educational subjects like collective bargaining, immigration rights, gay rights, and global warming). Like affirmative action, Obama has redirected the Big Lie from Republicans onto white Democrats, who are now forced to choose between the rich white Democrat and the black messiah who will forgive us of our burdensome white guilt.
Obama’s oratory skills notwithstanding, no one corroborates his unsuitability as president more than his mentor and fellow race-baiter Jeremiah Wright. Whether the Obama Family was seated on a given day or not, no one can deny Wright’s enthusiastic congregation or the black talking heads that continue to endorse the Obama/Wright worldview. White Democrats like Chris Dodd and Charles Schumer refuse to discuss it, imploring us to MOVE ON, vernacular for, You’ve caught me in an indefensible position and I want to escape from my responsibility as your elected representative.
Because Obama is not the progeny of slavery or white racism, he bought his own authenticity by joining the most poisonous pseudo-church in Chicago. While the Harvard-educated politician and his affirmative action wife lent credibility to the church, Wright bestowed black authenticity to Obama. But like other fraud schemes, someone always gets stuck with the bag; which is why white Democrats cannot attack Obama without attacking their own mythology.
Obama has defined this racial fraud like no one before him. To be authentically black, must we accept that the United States deserved the attacks of 9/11? What about über-supporter Oprah Winfrey? To be authentically black, must she accept that the US government developed the AIDS virus to kill black people?
I’m not saying that Republicans don’t say whacky things, but I don’t have to accept ex-Democrat David Duke’s venom to be authentically white – even if my Mom’s Brazilian and my children are brown.
Although Democrats have a unique opportunity to free themselves from the tired rhetoric of America’s race-baiters, it’s hard to imagine how they will reform themselves without admitting to their institutional guilt. I suspect that, to most Democrats, buying into Barack Obama’s hallucinogenic lie will be much easier than accepting the truth about themselves.
When I trained rookie officers at LAPD’s Foothill Division twenty years ago, it was hard to ignore the low standards that the civilian LA Personnel Department was forcing onto the street:
- After eight months on the street, a rookie couldn’t read a Thomas Map.
- A rookie couldn’t hop a block wall to assist her partner “because her breasts were too big.”
- Another rookie left his training officer alone with gang members when called to the station.
- Another rookie didn’t have enough strength to fire her pistol.
Regardless of how America’s mediocrity deniers think these stories are, they are real. What’s worse – area captains forced training officers to pass minority and female recruits regardless of how dysfunctional they were as officers. As a result, LAPD standards plummeted:
- One obese affirmative action sergeant demanded free food from local eateries. He would return on weekends with his family, show his badge and demand free food for all of them.
- Another black officer boasted of on-duty sex and credit card fraud, threatening officers who objected.
- A female helicopter pilot disabled herself and partner when she lost control of a $2 million helicopter
- Other affirmative action cops raped women, stole narcotics, planted evidence, and shot innocent people.
But even after the Rampart scandal, white officers knew better than to complain of questionable behavior by some of their black counterparts. The only refuge for quality-conscious officers was SWAT and Motors - until now.
Would you want the police SWAT team coming through the door to be the best of the best — the toughest, most highly trained, most elite tacticians in the Los Angeles Police Department — or would you want the team to “look like L.A.”? Would you want rescuers who had not lost a hostage in three decades, or would you want a team with heartwarming, multicultural diversity?
It’s been a tough week for Barack Obama.
If Geraldine Ferraro’s blasphemy that Barack is the DNC’s newest affirmative action candidate wasn’t bad enough, his own pastor – the irreverent Jeremiah Wright – presents voters with new questions about his fitness as America’s 44th president.
Some of Wright’s teachings:
- On Natalee Holloway: “Black women are being raped daily in Africa. One white girl from Alabama gets drunk at a graduation trip to Aruba, goes off and gives it up while in a foreign country and that stays in the news for months.”
- On 9/11: “White America got their wake-up call after 9-11. White America and the Western world came to realize people of color had not gone away, faded in the woodwork, or just disappeared as the Great White West kept on its merry way of ignoring black concerns.”
- On Israel: “The Israelis have illegally occupied Palestinian territories for over 40 years now. Divestment has now hit the table again as a strategy to wake the business community and wake up Americans concerning the injustice and the racism under which the Palestinians have lived because of Zionism.”
- Wright’s “War on Iraq I.Q. Test,” with questions like, “Which country do you think poses the greatest threat to global peace: Iraq or the U.S.?”
- US lied about Pearl Harbor and AIDS (video) which America invented to destroy black Americans.
- Why has it taken nearly twenty years for Obama to repudiate Wright’s comments; and why did you wait until coherent Americans voiced outrage to do so? Were you patronizing Wright’s church, or do you accept the hateful inanity that Wright promotes?
- Could Wright’s influence be part of the reason why Michelle Obama was not (until recently) proud of America?
- Where do your daughters attend Sunday School? Have you taught them that white men are evil? Have they learned that black bigotry does not exist?
- If you seek counsel from such men, what confidence can Americans have in your future selections for your administration or Supreme Court nominations?
Victor Davis Hanson weighs in…
Hillary Clinton’s battle with Barak Obama is not about who would make a better president, but of affirmative action’s presumption that the outcome of equality can be achieved by the forced replacement of top candidates with brown skin and boob quotas.
While they could never achieve the universal equality now celebrated in Cuba and North Korea, liberal Democrats kept racial discrimination alive in America by shifting its historic intolerance from performance-driven black men and women toward performance-driven white men; and by forcing Americans to accept the consequence of mediocrity in silence to avoid indefensible charges of racism.
As lifelong beneficiaries of affirmative action, Hillary and Barak both suffer from delusions of entitlement. Their implacability is fueled by Hillary’s refusal to become Barak’s bitch, which is as unthinkable as Barak becoming Bill and Hillary’s houseboy.
As entertaining as this is for accomplished conservatives of all genders and races, Democrats are correspondingly pained by being forced to examine their own mediocrity. Had they promoted success and achievement without quotas since 1964, they would be choosing their candidate based upon accomplishment and character rather than melanin and menses.
So I for one will grab a beer, don my raincoat, and watch the flying mud, tomatoes, and claws. We’re about to witness the fruition of affirmative action in all its glory.